The Apostles' Creed
This creed is called the Apostlesí Creed, not because it was written by the apostles themselves, but because it contains a brief summary of their teachings. The Apostlesí Creed is very old, having its origins already in the second century A.D.
- I believe in God the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth.
- I believe in Jesus Christ,
His only-begotten Son, our Lord;
- He was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary;
- suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
He descended into hell.
- On the third day He arose from the dead;
- He ascended into heaven,
and sits at the right hand
of God the Father almighty;
- from there He will come to judge
the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit;
- I believe a holy catholic Christian church,
the communion of saints;
- the forgiveness of sins;
- the resurrection of the body;
- and the life everlasting. Amen.